Friday, September 2, 2016

Create Kindness Kit #createkindness


Today I have my 'Create Kindness Card Kit' creations to share with you.  Of course I started creating the cards as shown in the home office image shown above.  Then I had to go a step further with my creations.  I hope you enjoy seeing them below.


These 4 cards are pretty basic, hence the 'GOOD' label at the top of the photo.  I used everything included in the kit to create a Smile, Friend, Love & Hello card.

On these 4 cards that I labeled 'BETTER', I pulled out the ShinHan Touch Twin Markers to color in the flowers and letters.  I did also place a piece of Shimmer Trim under the Smile circle.

Next on these 4 cards that I labeled 'BEST' (go with me here, I know these might not be the best you've ever seen, but I'm on a roll, see how it just keeps getting better ;o)  Anyway, with these cards I pulled out the now retired Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the scalloped circles to place under the circle as well as adding some Shimmer Trim


After creating with the included circle die cut cardstock pieces, I decided to cut some 2" x 2" squares from White Daisy Cardstock to use the other 4 sentiment stamp sets that are included with the kit.  I also cut 2 1/4"x 2 1/4" pieces of cardstock using the new colors - Raspberry, Emerald, Pansy & Tangerine.  I then grabbed a few embellishments, both current & retired to add a few more accents to the cards.

On this larger 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card, I grabbed my Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1 book to scan over the card designs to see if any might work with the 3x3 card base.  I found that Pattern 27 would work nicely.  I added some retired aqua shimmer trim, cut a larger Lemon cardstock circle and Pansy scalloped circle.

Next I used Pattern 28 from the Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1 book to make this card.  I added a piece of the new Raspberry cardstock behind the 'HELLO' & 'FRIEND' stamped images that I colored with ShinHan Markers.  I added a piece of the Baker's Twine from the Adventure Ribbon Pack and some retired purple shimmer trim.

For this card I actually got the initial inspiration from a fellow Consultant & teammate April Dabelstein-Shepler.  She shared some cards she made with us on our team page.  Her card was in vertical orientation.  As you can see I made mine with a horizontal orientation.  The 3"x3" card base does not completely cover the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card but the pieces that I trimmed off filled in the point nicely I think (can you see it?).  I colored the image with ShinHan Markers, backed the circle with a Lemon cardstock scalloped circle and added 2 strips of retired aqua shimmer trim. 

On this card I really just winged it by placing the green striped card base across the middle of the standard 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" card.  Next I trimmed off the excess, added some retired green shimmer trim strips, added a Lemon cardstock circle & Raspberry scallop circle behind the 'HELLO' sentiment that had been colored with ShinHan Markers.

I hope you like my creations I've shared with you!  Check back tomorrow to see a few more items I've created using this kit!  If you would like to purchase any of the items used, please click on the links below.

Supplies used all Close To My Heart
CC1145 Create Kindness Card Kit
ShinHan Touch Twin Markers
New Colors of Cardstock - Raspberry, Lemon, Pansy, Emerald, Tangerine
White Daisy Cards & Envelopes
Shimmer Trim - Current & Retired
Embellishments - Enamel Gems, Purple Hearts 
Baker's Twine from Adventure Ribbon Pack
Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1 Book


Until my next post...

Happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment