Saturday, March 28, 2015

Everything ABC's Blog Hop - G


Hello and welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "G".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the crafter has chosen as their "G" element will be featured in their post.

If you came from Lisa Plummer's blog ~ Flaunt Your Creativity then you're on the right track!

For my letter "G", I decided to use the Cricut Artbooking cartridge on the letter key.  I am once again having fun playing with the new product Blossom!  Upon flipping through the Cricut handbooks looking for what my letter G project would be, when I got to the G page in Artbooking, that was it.  The Springtime Layout "Happy Easter" using the Blossom paper packer was a perfect match. I'm giving you another sneak peek of the new Blossom papers that you can order in April.  Of course, when I see something, I have an initial idea in mind, but then when I actually start creating things change up a bit.  I created 2 layouts using the G key and Blossom papers, a Happy Easter layout and a Spring Bloom layout.  I hope you like my creations!

 My plan was to duplicate the Happy Easter layout shown in the Artbooking handbook, but when I cut the overlay, it wasn't coming together as I wanted.  So I ended up using that initial overlay cut on my Spring Bloom layout shown below.  On my Easter layout I used the egg stamp that is actually the lamb in the hot air egg balloon from the Hopping By stamp set in the current Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book.  I wanted a smaller Easter egg to make the border on the left page and the 2 1/2" egg stamp in that set was larger than I wanted, so I cut eggs using Art Philosophy cartridge at 1 1/2" and mask stamped the lamb in the balloon basket off onto scrap paper.

Here are a couple of close up pictures to show the egg border & below the cute Easter bunny in his carrot mobile.




This layout is the overlay that started out to be an Easter layout, but the more I worked up my layout, I didn't like it as an Easter layout, so I pulled the Spring Bloom title from the handbook page 63 below the G key.  This layout except for the title is more of the copying the Springtime layout from the handbook.  But to be honest, I really love how it turned out!  I cut the grass border from page 52 of the Artbooking cartridge for my right page and added some of the Complements stickers also.

A close up on this layout to show the lovely new sequins that you can order starting in April.  I thought they were perfect accents for the flower border.


Finally, here is the handbook page for the letter G.

Next hop on over to Lauren Moore's blog ~ CTMH Craftings to see her beautiful creation!

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

I hope you find lots of inspiration from my fellow Consultants, which I'm sure you will!  If you do, make sure to leave them some love with comments before you move on to the next blog.

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE Easter... You layouts are great! I must say you inspire me to go use my cricut cartridge to create my Easter layouts! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layouts! I really like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts. I love that color combination- and those lattice backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout. I agree 100% with Diana, not just use the cricut to create Easter layouts,,, how about all of them?? you make it look so easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous layouts! I love the complements poking up from the grass on the Spring Blooms layout, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layouts! the elements all work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the trellis cut on the Artbooking Cartridge! Great use of the new paper too. Not to much pattern but using the pattern paper for the cut out back ground makes the layout really interesting!

    ReplyDelete