Saturday, February 14, 2015

Everything ABC Blog Hop - D


Hello and welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "D".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the crafter has chosen as their "D" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy 


If you came from Catherine Nowak's blog ~ Catscrapbooking then you're on the right track!

For my letter "D", I decided to use the Cricut Artbooking cartridge on the letter key.  I think making this "Together" layout using Heartstrings is quite fitting being that this Hop falls on Valentine's Day don't you?!  Last year my hubby and I had planned to enjoy a Valentine's Day lunch together because it fell on his Friday off, but I was sick and my loving hubby took me to the doctor and then that evening took our sons to basketball practice while I stayed home curled up in a blanket on the couch.  Not very romantic I know, but when you have been together 20 years it's not about the flowers and candy and cards on a specific day like it is made up to be in commercials, it is about the love you share together.  I don't know if you noticed, but I mentioned "together" 3 times in those last few sentences.  This year was again my hubby's Friday off, but he had to run into work briefly to get some things and I got some things done around the house and ran to the school to put eye drops in my son's eyes.  He is the one getting over a sickness this year!  So hubby and I met for lunch on Friday and today for Valentine's day we will be sharing the loving day exchanging cards & candy as a family and then going out to dinner.  My love is my family being together, so after I print pictures of our day, I will be adding them to this layout.  I hope you enjoy my creation!



Here is a close up to show the Together title, I backed the letters with the new White Shimmer Trim.  And a close up of the "Love these moments" Complements collage. 

This is the letter D page out of the Artbooking handbook to show you the layout that I created based upon. 

Products used all Close to my Heart

Next hop on over to Lisa Plummer's blog ~ Flaunt Your Creativity to see her beautiful "D" cards!

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

I hope you find lots of inspiration from my fellow Consultants, which I'm sure you will!  If you do, make sure to leave them some love with comments before you move on to the next blog.

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout and it works perfectly with Heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story and your layout! You are right about life not always being hearts and flowers but loving each other through the tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Isn't that the truth! We had our fairly uneventful but family Valentine's day today & I got some great pics to add to these pages, can't wait to get them printed!

      Delete
  3. Perfect combination for Valentine's Day. Love what you did with the Together and shimmer tape. Exquisite job

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea to pick a page in your cricut book and create from it! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! That is my own personal challenge with this Blog Hop this year, I will be creating something from one of our four cartridges, based on the letter key.

      Delete
  5. Love your take on this- I featured this exact cricut cut layout on my blog this week but using different colours and embellishments so it is great to see another idea for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I read this and had to go see your layout! Love seeing others take on something similar to what I created also! I left you a comment on your post also.

      Delete
  6. Great layout. The style is perfect for the paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie! I had fun putting this one together!

      Delete
  7. Great layout and paper choice Pam! Hope you are feeling better and the day turned out the best it could have been!

    ReplyDelete