Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Snowhaven - Cardinal Winter Wishes card

My favorite bird is a cardinal and oh how I miss seeing them!  Growing up in Oklahoma, I got to see them all the time down there.  Now living in Montana I don't get to see them, so it is a treat going home for a visit and seeing them.  I know that probably sounds silly, but I always thought they were such a beautiful bird.  The cardinal was even my high school mascot so there is history with this bird, way back in the day, ha ha!  This is a card I made using Snowhaven papers and the To You and Yours stamp set.  Although it doesn't show well in this picture the Glacier B&T paper has been embossed with the Diamond Embossing Folder to keep with the diamond design of the paper.   I stamped the cardinal with Black Archival ink and sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it then colored him and the leaves with the ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.  The original inspiration for this card came from the card featured in the Seasonal Expressions Idea Book on page 17.  I hope you like this card.


Products used all Close to my Heart




Until my next post, happy crafting!
Pam

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment