Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Snow Angels - Snowhaven layout

The layout I am sharing with you is based on a sketch I saw in an email I receive from Sketch ~N~ Scrap.  I loved their sketch and with all the snow we have been receiving since Christmas I knew exactly what I would be doing with the sketch. The very next day was an email for the Color My Heart Color Dare #124 challenge using Glacier, Kraft & White Daisy, black is also allowed so I used a piece from the Snowhaven paper packet.  I also received an email for The Friday Mashup which was to create a Winter project with snowflakes.  I planned on submitting this layout for all 3 challenges, but noticed I just missed the Friday Mashup entry by a few hours, oops!

With all of the snow we have been getting, my sons have loved getting outside and playing in it.  They were outside with 2 of their friends getting ready to go sledding.  The yard was a perfect layer of snow not yet stepped on, so I told them why don't you guys do some snow angels?  They all found a spot to lay down & they started creating their angels.  I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of them making their angels and then one of each of their beautiful angels in the snow.

Here is the Sketch ~N~ Scrap #72 that my layout is based on.

And here is my layout made using Glacier cardstock as the base with Kraft & White Daisy cardstock accent pieces as well as the Black with Glacier polka dots B&T Duo piece from the Snowhaven paper packet.  I did use part of the 1/2" zip strip piece at the bottom of the page under the snow angel pictures.  I also inked the edges of the papers with Glacier ink.

Most of my friends know this about me, and if you've seen some of my past snowy themed layouts on here, you have seen that I use a mixture of Clear Embossing Powder with a retired product called Prisma Glitter on my snowflakes.  The snowflakes were cut out using the Artbooking cartridge.  I then rubbed the snowflakes on my VersaMark pad and then sprinkled them with my embossing powder/prisma glitter mixture and heat set them with the Craft Heater.  I hate that CTMH retired the Prisma Glitter because I use it on most of my snowy pages.  When they announced it would be retiring I bought 3 jars of it.  That should last me forever.  I just love to make my snow look authentic and glittery!

Products used all Close to my Heart





Until my next post, happy crafting!
Pam

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, love the way you did the snowflakes, they look almost real! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your page and also the gorgeous snowflakes. I wish CTMH sold a nice dark red embossing powder too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun layout. I love how you stamped out your title...perfect font for the title. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet layout! I love the snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch-N-Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout! I do love the addition of the glitter on your snowflakes--they look realistic. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Colo Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowflake embellishments! Also, great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of delightful photo's here and those snowflakes truly are stunning! Thanks for sharing your winter layout with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the sketch! Loving your snowflakes too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic pictures! I love the title, too! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Sketch N Scrap! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout, love those dimensional snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout!Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout, Pam. I really like your sparkly snowflakes and how you did your cluster of photos at the bottom. Thanks for joining the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout. Priceless pictures that will be cherished for a long time.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout!!! Thanks to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! Thank you for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snowflakes are wonderful! Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete