Saturday, January 3, 2015

Everything ABC's Blog Hop - A


Hello and welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "A".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the crafter has chosen as their "A" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy 


If you came from Shalana's blog ~ Scrapping With Shalana then you're on the right track!

For my letter "A", I decided to use the Artbooking cartridge on the letter A key.  I am trying something new with this blog hop.  I am excited to be joining it again.  I tried it last year but joined in at about letter D and then didn't get to complete it like I had hoped to do.  This year I am challenging myself to use our Cricut Cartridges for the whole blog hop.  As soon as the cartridges have been released I buy them and I have used each and every one of them, but not everything on there.  How could I?  Each cartridge contains so much content!   But I am challenging myself to use one of the letter keys for each letter of the alphabet on this Blog Hop throughout the year.  I hope you will join me and follow along, and maybe see something from one of the cartridges you have not yet seen!

As mentioned above I started with the A key on the Artbooking cartridge and decided to make the layout featured using Heartstrings paper.  Here is the page from the handbook.

And here is my layout I created.  I plan to add pictures of me and my love from early on when we were still dating to these pages.  As you can see I started out copying the featured layout, but I had to change it up and make it my own.

This close up picture shows that I did cut the "You+Me" from the Title section, but I decided to cut apart the words and add one of the Heartstrings Picture My Life cards, as well as one of the Assortment mini-badge buttons.

This picture is another close up to show another of the Heartstrings Picture My Life cards I used in place of the "My Valentine" title that the handbook shows.  Also you can see the beautiful new Extra Thick Twine I wrapped around the main photo mat.

And lastly this picture shows that I placed a little strip of our new White Shimmer Trim behind the 3 hearts on the photo mats.  It just needed a little something to make the hearts stand out more.

I hope you have enjoyed my simple layout creation.  Did you notice I did not do any stamping on these pages?  Quick & easy, but I love how it turned out!  You can click on any of the pictures below to order any of the products featured in this layout.

Products used all Close to my Heart



Next hop on over to Jenny's blog ~ The Creative Heart to see her lovely Australian Day layout she created!

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!


I hope you find lots of inspiration from my fellow Consultants, which I'm sure you will!  If you do, make sure to leave them some love with comments before you move on to the next blog.

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love this Cartridge! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super "lovely" layout! I like how you added the Picture my Life cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you combined the Artbooking cartridge and the Picture My Life Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, you have really inspired me to join you and create more with the cartridges and PML. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I really like using it with the PML cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your variation on the layout- and welcome back! I think it is a great idea to focus on a particular theme for these blog hops, and I look forward to seeing what you create with each letter.

    ReplyDelete