Sunday, August 3, 2014

New Product Blog Hop with CTMH Annual Inspirations

 

Hello & Welcome to our New Product Blog Hop!!  We have a group of Close to my Heart Consultants that have prepared beautiful artwork using new products from the Annual Inspirations Idea Book & Catalog to share with you in this Blog Hop.  Below you will see some of my artwork I have created.  I will be adding more artwork soon, so make sure and check back.  New artwork will be added daily by myself and others until Aug. 6th, so check back frequently until then for more inspiration!

I decided to start with the first new Paper Packet featured in the Idea book called Chalk It Up.  This paper packet right off the bat strikes me as a School themed paper packet, but there are so many other things you can do with it.  Since my two sons go back to school in just 3 short weeks, I decided to create a "1st Day of School" layout.  I also created a couple of cards to share with you also.  I hope you enjoy my artwork.  

This layout was created based on the Make It From Your Heart, Vol 2 Pattern 6.  I know I will be putting pictures of my son's first day of school on these pages.  I really enjoyed making this layout too.  I mainly used just the paper packet and the Complements that go with it, along with a little ribbon.  I did also use the Artbooking Cartridge to cut the pieces that look like paper torn out of a spiral on the bottom outside of each page.  I used the zip strip from the top of the paper as a border at the bottom of the pages.  I really liked the wording as it went across, so I cut it after "Class" and then continued it onto the right page with "Act" and then started the other zip strip over again.  I like how it turned out!



This is a close up picture to show the title using the Complements popped up with a little 3D foam tape to give it a little more pop.  I also used the Chalk It Up Assortment puffy sticker stars in the middle of the Complement stars.  These puffy stickers are not much dimension but give just the right amount of pop an accent needs.



Next is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card I made based on Make It From Your Heart, Vol 2, Pattern 23.  Isn't the circle paper just lovely!  And our new Teal Glitter Paper is just beautiful!  I stamped the sentiment and flowers with Lagoon Pigment Inks & heat set them with clear embossing powder & colored the flowers using our new ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.

And my other card is just a sweet & simple little 3"x3" card made using our new Flaxen Cardstock, a little piece of the arrows Chalk It Up paper & one of the Chalk It Up Complements.  With the Complements I used in my layout and the one on this card, I still have so many of them left to make more pages & cards if I like.
All Products used are Close to my Heart 





Now that you have seen my Chalk It Up creations, hop on over to the following blogs below to see the amazing artwork of fellow Consultants.  Don't forget to give each blogger some love by comments if you like their artwork!



Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

8 comments:

  1. Pam, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your encouraging comment :) I love your layouts and cards! Very creative of using the complement on your cards. Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helen! I enjoyed visiting your blog!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for hosting this! I'm new to blogging and love all the inspiration I see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Although I'm not the official Host, that is the amazing Tresa Black that sets this up for us!

      Delete