Saturday, May 31, 2014

Everything's ABC Blog Hop - Letter K



Hello and welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "K".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the crafter has chosen as their "K" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy  


If you came from Renee's Blog - Creative Queens then you're on the right track!

For my K, I chose Kraft 3-Ring Album.  The official name is My Creations Kraft 3-Ring Album.  The description on my website states perfect for displaying 8x8 scrapbook pages.  But I had seen this done by a fellow Consultant a while back and thought I should really do this with my Kraft Album as well, but had not taken the time to put it together.  Since I was initially kind of stumped on what to do for my Letter K for this blog hop, I was excited to remember that I wanted to create this Kraft Album for storing my embossing folders.  It really came together pretty quickly and I don't know why I put it off.

I used the Skylark Paper Packet to decorate the outside of the Kraft Album.   I did use the Art Philosophy cartridge for the title spot, and I used Artbooking for the Embossing Folders lettering.

For the inside I made simple pocket pages using Kraft cardstock.  I cut the cardstock at 8" x 12" and then scored the longer 12" side at 4" and folded it over and applied adhesive on the edges to make the pocket.  I then ran a piece of Lagoon cardstock through my Cuttlebug machine using each of our embossing folders to attach to the front of the pocket. 

I did not feel like just having the sample of the embossing folder attached to the pocket was enough, so I flipped through my Art Philosophy book looking for something that I could use to make tabs for each pocket page and look what I found.  The Tab Card featured 48 of the handbook was perfect to use as page tabs.  I cut them at 2" folded them over on the score mark and then wrote the names of the embossing folder on each one.  I then attached them to the pages with adhesive, which will make it easier for turning the pocket pages in my new embossing folder storage album.


Products Used

Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S Blog Hop is Judy Faye's Place, hop on over and see the beautiful artwork she has came up with!

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

I know you will find lots of inspiration from my fellow Consultants and hope you enjoy this hop!!

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to store your embossing folders! I love the tabs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea to store your folders! And I love that you have the sample there too.

    ReplyDelete