Saturday, April 19, 2014

Everything's ABC Blog Hop - Letter H




Hello & welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "H".  This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the crafter has chosen as their "H" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy  


If you came from Shalana's Blog ~ Scrappin with Shalana then you're on the right track!

For my H, I chose our How-To Books, specifically for this post, Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1.   I LOVE going to our How-To Books for a sketch or inspiration!  I have used this particular pattern on a layout before, but this layout looks completely different from my other one.  

Below are two versions of the same Pattern 9 sketch using Timberline papers for the layout.  When I was looking at the sketch and sample layout ideas in the How-To Book, I liked the look of one of the ideas shown being what appeared to be a 1/2" border around the layout.  I had a brain bubble while cutting my papers and mistakenly cut at 11"x 11", thinking of a 1/2" border and did not discover my oops until I put the 2nd layout together & saw that I had a 1/2" border at the top and bottom & a 1" on the outside edges because as the sample layout shows they put their papers together on the inside.  Gotta love those moments, ha ha!  I still like how both layouts turned out.  


And here is a little sneak peek into my Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1 book.  If you don't own it yet, you must get it!  See the bottom layout, whoever made that layout added in the B&T paper because that paper is not part of the pattern sketch.  That layout is what I liked the look of & tried, key word there "tried" to duplicate with the 1/2" border, oops!
 

Supplies used all Close to my Heart


Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Jen's Creative Classroom.

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!

I know you will find lots of inspiration from my fellow Consultants and hope you enjoy this hop!!

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

8 comments:

  1. Love you layout, and the How To Book makes it so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! Both how to books wonderful! Really does make it easy peasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our how to books also! It had made me a a much more creative scrapper! I started following them exactly and then learned to adapt them! Great job, despite your boo boo, we never would have know had you not shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! They both turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on the layouts!! I will have to look into picking up the How To Books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your timberline page! Aren't the how to books wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that embossing on the Timberline page-nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I only have the second volume but you have convinced me to buy the Volume I book now!

    ReplyDelete