Friday, January 10, 2014

Frosted - Just Chillin' in the Snow Layout

Since it is all cold and snowy everywhere it seems, this layout from my December class seems only appropriate right now, don't you think?  I do, and Frosted is one of my favorite paper packets in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  I love to wake up to fresh snow that has fallen overnight before anyone has walked on it and it just sparkles like glitter sprinkled across the earth. On the very day that this class was held, it had rained during the day and by the time I had picked up my sons from school and we were driving home the snowflakes were so huge, it was just beautiful!  My oldest said it looked like cotton candy was falling and it did!  Unfortunately because of the rain & then the snow, the roads were pretty dangerous so quite a few of my ladies did not make it over to create this sparkly layout.  

I had given them a heads up that we would be using Frosted papers for class and to prepare to get sparkly!  Most of them have been coming to my class for a couple of years and knew that meant I would be using Prisma Glitter on my pages to resemble the snow!  I especially love that when I created this layout for class my boys had recently been out playing in the snow so I knew I would have some great pictures to add to this layout and those pictures arrived in the mail today, yea!!


Z821 Clear Detail Embossing Powder (retired)
Z134 Prisma Glitter (retired)

Wow, written out like that seems like a lot of products were used and I guess there really were!  As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I attended the CTMH Album Retreat in October, I'll post about that another day.  Anyway, I brought home one of the snowflake overlays that they cut from the Artbooking cartridge for a Snow layout we made.  I got the idea in my head because of one of the layouts we made there (again will share that with you soon :o)  to use the overlay as a stencil for a layout.  So I used the snowflake overlay featured on page 76 of the Artbooking handbook as my stencil to make the sparkly snowflake background pages of my layout.  


I filled the Spray Pen with water to line 7 and then the Colonial White Re-Inker to line 9 and put a couple of blobs of the Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint in and gave it a good shake to mix it all up.  Our Colonial White Exclusive Ink & Re-Inker are a Pigment ink, so it is thicker and great for heat embossing.  So I was hoping my thought process on doing this would work and it did!

I then placed the overlay on my Crystal Blue cardstock & spritzed it with the Spray Pen.  I removed the overlay and then sprinkled it with a mixture of the Clear Detail Embossing Powder and Prisma Glitter and then I heat set it with the Craft Heater and ta-da sparkly snowflakes background.  I hope you like the look of it also!

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam 

I love reading your comments, won't you please leave me one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment