Monday, July 8, 2013

July Class layout using Buzz and Bumble

Here is the layout my ladies made for our monthly scrapbooking class that was held on Monday July 1st.  I know I have said it before, but I just love this night with this wonderful group of women!!  Our Hostess Kayleen picked Buzz and Bumble papers preferring the striped side with a theme of Family, Heritage or Travel.  



Supplies used all CTMH unless noted - Buzz and Bumble WOTG Kit
Artiste for Family title, Art Philosophy for journaling accents
Stamp sets - Family Love, Buzz and Bumble WOTG Kit stamp set
Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Color Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes
Bamboo Waxy Flax (this is a retiring list item)
Champagne, Cocoa, Sunset & Goldrush cardstock

And this is an extra layout I made using the same papers, I just flipped the striped paper over for the bumble bee side with my hubby and I and a Blake Shelton song in mind that I love.  We went and saw him in concert last year in Billings.  My hubby doesn't particularly care for the song, well let me rephrase that, he likes the beat and says the song is okay, he just doesn't like hearing me sing it! :)


Same supplies as above used with a few extras - Burlap Ribbon
Honeycomb & Glamour Uppercase Alphabet Stamp Sets


This shows the title up close a little better.  I printed the lyrics to the "Honey Bee" song on cardstock in Champagne so that you can see it but it doesn't over power the title.


And this one doesn't show it very well, but in the Goldrush circle it has the words "I'll be your" repeated over and over for "I'll be your Honey Bee".

I see ideas for cards and such that I like everywhere and save them to come back to later to use and I wish I could give credit to where I found this card we also made at class, but whomever's blog I found it on did not watermark it.  I printed it out & can't figure out where I got it from now.  So not my idea, but too cute not to remake and share!


This is the flowerpot card we made using (retired) Brown Bag cardstock I had because to me it most closely resembled a terra cotta flower pot.  The sentiment came from the June Stamp of the Month - A Flowering Bunch.  I told the ladies they could stamp the flowers from the June SOTM stamp set and color them in for a flatter card or use the Just Blooms Floret Paper Shapes.  The stamped card will probably run through the Post Office machine just fine, but the Floret Paper Shapes are just way too cute as well.  It is a personal choice.


Here are the instructions for cutting this card it you would like to make your very own.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and my ladies did!

1.  Start with cardstock 4” x 12”, score at 6” and fold in half.
2.  With card folded in half, cut 1 ½” off the end that opens.  One piece will become the rim of the flower pot.
3.  Place card on cutter with the top right hand corner lining up with the track and the bottom right hand corner at the edge of the trimmer and cut.  Flip the card over and repeat, you now have our flower pot card.
4.  Ink edges of flower pot card and 1 of the 1 ½” x 4” rim pieces.
5.  Stamp & decorate card and rim pieces.
6.  Attach rim piece onto flower pot using foam squares lining up the top of flower pot with top edge of the rim piece. 


Until my next post, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment