Monday, July 29, 2013

Heart 2 Heart - Shadows & Shades

This week's challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenge is to create something using the theme/technique of "ombre".  "Ombre" is so trendy right now.  What is "ombre" you might ask?  Here is the definition that they posted over at H2H.


When I think of ombre, I picture the shades of water or of a sunset.  So I created this card using only one retired stamp set called Relax.  The rest was made using a sponge finger dauber and inks.  For the water the inks used were Sky, Crystal Blue & Pacifica.  For the sunset sky I used Buttercup, Honey & Sunset.  The stamped water was 2nd generation Pacifica, the fishermen & boat were stamped with Outdoor Denim.  The pine trees were stamped with New England Ivy.  The fish in the water was stamped 3rd generation New England Ivy.  All products mentioned are Close to my Heart.


It is a simple card with not a lot of flash and bling, but I love the colors.  It also reminds me of my hubby, he is a simple yet wonderful man that loves fly fishing.  I hope you like it also!

Until my next post, happy crafting! 
Pam

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, relaxing card! I really like your shadows and shades. Thanks for playing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Heart 2 Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Pam! Reminds me of my dad and his love of fly fishing. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that stamp! I love seeing older stamps with new ideas. Great job

    ReplyDelete