Saturday, March 16, 2013

H2H Challenge - Go Green #2

I finished my St. Patrick's Day treats for my boys.  I had mentioned in my last H2H Challenge - Go Green post that I was planning on making something green for my two sons next and I've just finished them, right on time!

Have you ever made anything with green candies as a treat?  I haven't before so my first thought is green M&M's.  Yeah, that wasn't as easy as I initially thought.  Not that it was terribly hard, I went to our candy drawer (yes, we have a candy drawer in the kitchen, bad I know!) and got out the packages of M&M's that we had in there & started opening them and sorting out the green ones.      One or two, sometimes none, sometimes it was jackpot & there were five or six.  But I was beginning to think I wouldn't have enough to fill 2 treat tubes, so I broke into the Peanut M&M's also.  Those are usually just mine, but my thought process was, the Peanut M&M's will take up more space so use them!  Then I sorted through what was left in the bowl & the unopened package of the Valentine M&M's for the white ones.  I bought a few too many packages of those M&M's for the 51 treat tubes I made for both of my sons Valentine class parties (forgot to get pics of those though).  Now don't worry, all of this sorting through M&M's, I did wash my hands & these are just for my sons, so no passing of germs, I just tested a few ;o)

Anyway, here are the containers of the sorted M&M's for my treat tubes.


And here are the completed treat tubes for my boys for tomorrow!  I hope they like them!


Supplies used - All CTMH unless noted
Chantilly paper pack, Year Round Cheer (Retired Dec SOTM) stamp set, Topiary & White Daisy Cardstock, Topiary & Sweet Leaf Inks & My Creations Treat Tubes.

Until my next post, happy crafting & Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. The things we do for our kids, huh? I'm sure they're going to love them! Thanks for playing along with H2H this week, Pam!

    ReplyDelete