Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wonderland Fun!

I haven't shared anything crafty recently, so with it being Winter, I'm now sharing three snow layouts!  Although it has been unseasonably warm up here in Montana, and we haven't had lots of snow, we did get some back in November and my boys got to build a snowman.  To help get in the Winter spirit, I've enjoyed creating fun snowy layouts using Wonderland.

On the 7th of this month, I held an all day Crop.  My first one hosting solo, and it all went great!  This layout is a quick snowman themed one that I had as a Make and Take for the ladies that attended.  I random stamped the background with various snowflakes stamp sets and used Cricut AP Cartridge for the snowflakes.
Products used - Wonderland papers
Cardstock - White Daisy & Crystal Blue
Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge
Stamp Sets - All Decked Out, Feathery Flakes & Snowflakes
Martha Stewart Icicles punch

Corner Rounder punch



I held my monthly class last week and we made snowy, sparkly layouts using Wonderland papers.  My pages started out with "Snow much Fun" as the title (see pic below).
But after class was over, I decided to change it.  I had started another layout with other pictures from the same day's, playing in the snow.  And it dawned on me that these pages were all Sledding pictures and the other layout was more of a variety of snow activities.  Gotta love the Rub and Erase Remover!  After carefully removing the letters "SNOW" and the "much", I used the rub and remove eraser to remove the remnants of adhesive left over on the page.

So I re-stamped my title to read "SLEDDING FUN" and this is my now completed page.
 Products used - Wonderland papers
Cardstock - Crystal Blue & White Daisy
Icing Topcoats
Stamp Sets - Winter Joy, Feathery Flakes, Snow Flurries, Homestead Alphabet
Clear Sparkles
A combination of White and Heavenly Blue Embossing Powders mixed with Prisma Glitter to stamp the snowflakes.


A close up of the child sledding down a snowy hill.  This one was first stamped with White Daisy Ink and heat embossed with a White embossing powder & Prisma Glitter mixture with very little Heavenly Blue embossing powder, so I went back over it with more of the Heavenly Blue embossing powder in the mixture so that it would show up better on the White Daisy cardstock.



This little tip, I picked up from Karen Pedersen's blog.  Cover the Dimensional Elements Flurry with Liquid Applique (Z308) and sprinkle it with Prisma Glitter (Z134) and then heat set it to make the liquid applique puff up and adhere the prisma glitter to it.  Isn't it lovely!






This is the next Wonderland layout, Snow much Fun, which is the other snow play pictures that I mentioned above.  For my monthly class, some of the ladies did not want to stamp their title and cut it out, so I offered to cut out letters for their title using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  This was an extra set of the Snow Fun title, so I decided to use it for my layout.  And I have to give creative credit to Tena & Cheryl that attend the class because I completely lifted the snowcapping of the letters from them.
Products used - Wonderland papers
Wonderland My Stickease
Cardstock - White Daisy & Crystal Blue
Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge
Icing Topcoats
Liquid Applique
Crystal Blue Waxy Flax used for stitching
Clear Sparkles
Martha Stewart snowflake border punch




And here is a close up of the snowcapped letters and the stitching done with waxy flax.

No comments:

Post a Comment