Monday, November 21, 2011

A couple of cards & a layout too!

I had my first official Home Gathering this weekend.  I was pretty nervous & super excited about it all wrapped up in one!  I met the Hostess, Audrey at the Billings Clinic Crop for the Cure I attended last month, and I could not have asked for a better first time Hostess!  She had the date and time planned out for her friends to come over for the Gathering and then stay to crop the rest of the night.  For some it was their first introduction to Close to my Heart, others had seen a catalog or ordered in the past.  Anyway, she had tables set up for everyone and she had soup cooking, brownies and bars made for her guests along with sodas and some yummy coffee throughout the day.  I had a layout prepared for them to make, along with a couple of cards to do if they liked.  The party started at 2pm, but when I left at around 8:30pm some of the ladies were still creating and getting crafty!  I met some really nice ladies and will be doing other parties for them in the future.  I'm really looking forward to it!  And the best part, Audrey got to order her Art Philosophy collection at half price with her rewards!!

Here is the layout I took over for them to make.
All CTMH products used.
Dreamin' paper pack
Art Philosophy cartridge for date tag
Love Life, Cherish the Day (Nov SOTM) & Trinity Alphabet stamp sets
Goldrush & Pacifica cardstock
Harvest Charms
Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
and Antiqued Copper brads
Sketch is Sweet Symphony from the Imagine book.

Some of the ladies had requested before the party to see the Bundled Buddies stamp set, so I made this card using Wonderland papers and the Bundled Buddies stamp set.  Also some Liquid Applique for their hats and snow.












This was the other card they could make at the party.  Either a "Just a little note" or "Thanks a bunch" card using Elemental papers, A Little Thanks & Unscripted stamp sets & Cranberry grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind and really still on hiatus, but I had a few minutes to try to catch up on my followers blog postings... and I'm glad I checked! I love this LO and your cards. TFS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete